Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Cake

Andy and I have already decided to have a dessert buffet with cookies, cupcakes, lemon bars, and whatever else people come up with. We think the fun, eclectic choices will add to the festivities. We still want a wedding cake though, mostly because it's Andy's favorite dessert (I'm not sure why, but I do know as soon as we became engaged he wanted to go to Wedding Expos so he could eat lots of cake).  Plus, we need a place to put these amazing cake topper birds we want from this amazing designer, Red Light Studio!


So, our solution is for me to make a two tiered cake. We are thinking vanilla/lemon/poppyseed with a raspberry filling and vanilla frosting. Here's my first attempt:


Oliver can't stay away from anything food related.


It didn't look terrible, but it didn't look wedding-y either.

But Andy liked it, so I think I'm on on the right track. 
That just means I have to make more cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment