Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Honeymoon Part 1: Camping

We haven't gotten anymore pictures from our photographer and no pictures have been downloaded to our flickr account, so I've decided to recap our honeymoon and tell some stories.

After leaving Cincinnati and forgetting my pillows at the hotel in Cleveland (I have a pattern of leaving my pillows when I go on trips), we made the long trek back to Vermont (around 15 hours). Lake Champlain divides northern New York and Vermont and there are several ferries that can take you across the lake. Andy and I always take the northern or southern routes to avoid them, but this time we decided to take the adventure and we got there just in time for sunset. It was a great idea...except for the last 5 minutes when my motion sickness kicked in.




Once home, we unpacked, slept, repacked, and hit the road by 9 the next morning.

Oh Canada, here we come!

Apart from every sign being in French, exchanging our money and having trouble communicating with everyone outside of large city, this was the big sign we were out of America: no ice in our fountain Coke.

We drove through Quebec City...

And ended up in the wilderness.
We camped here! Actually, we camped back in the woods a bit, but you get the idea.

We slept.

We ate.
We drank.
We watched the animals eat our food! We even found half eaten chocolate in our car...I hope that little bugger isn't still in there.
It was beautiful and amazing and ended with a moose! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment