Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fried Rice, the healthy way

I received a package in the mail the other day. I was delightfully surprised that my good friends Tiffany and Justin, all the way in DC, mailed us a cookbook! It is called The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores will Devour by Kim O'Donnel.


I was complaining to Tiffany that I needed some more protein in my diet, being a vegetarian, and how many eggs can a person eat! I was delighted to receive this little nugget of inspiration that is filled many protein packed meals.

We are going to try a handful of recipes in the next few weeks, but I really liked the Veggie Fried Rice Bowl. And it's super simple. First you heat up wok with vegetable oil and sesame oil and fry a scrambled egg in it. Then you remove the egg and cut it up for later. Then you add some great veggies like carrots, peppers, a leak, and some bok choy, or probably whatever you want.  And don't forget cold rice! That's the secret. We actually had cooked brown rice a few days before just for this meal and it turned out perfect.


We added some fried tofu for some extra protein umph.


We mixed everything together.


And fed it to a hungry Amy!

It was muy excelente!

1 comment:

  1. YummMMMM! It looks muy, muy excelente!!! You should post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete